Climate Wise Communities Workshops
Wollondilly Shire Council encourages residents to work together to build a more resilient community.
To help you understand the risks in your local area, and how to prepare for extreme weather, Council and local emergency service agencies hold free Climate Wise Communities workshops for residents.
- Identifying risks specific to your home and area
- Assessing vulnerability – personal and property
- Understanding how to prepare yourself, your family and your home for extreme weather events
- The strengths and weaknesses of homes and properties for extreme weather events
- Building neighbourhood and community awareness
- Awareness of hazards and the development of contingency plans
- Aspects to be included in an emergency plan
- Priority actions to strengthen resilience to extreme weather events
“The workshop activities are engaging and thought provoking, especially on a local level. They certainly enhance participant engagement more than usual lecture or presentation style information sessions”.
Local workshop participant.
Workshops are attended by the local Rural Fire Service, State Emergency Service, and Police, as well as other agencies as required, to provide professional advice and assistance to residents.
Residents living in all villages and townships of Wollondilly such as Picton, Oakdale, Yanderra and Warragamba can request a workshop.
Request a workshop for your local area
Build your own extreme weather plan in a free 2 hour workshop, or discuss extreme weather resilience with local emergency services representatives.